4th Annual Scarecrow Festival 2018
September 22nd until Halloween
Art's Nursery's Annual Scarecrow Festival is a fun, family friendly event in support of 3 local charities and groups – O.W.L. (Orphaned Wildlife Rehabilitation Society), Inclusion Langley Society
, and The Versatiles.
The event kicks off with a full day festival on Saturday, September 22nd, 2018
from 10am to 4pm and includes a DIY Build-a-Crow station
*, live music, scarecrow scavenger hunt, crafts and activities, speakers & demos, hayrides, and more! In the spirit of our fabulous outdoor markets, local vendors and food trucks will be on hand providing artisan crafts and foods for all to enjoy.
A special thanks to over 50 local companies
for sponsoring the creative & crazy scarecrows displayed throughout the nursery for you to find! Does your business want to sponsor a scarecrow this year? See below to find out how you can be involved!
The Fun Continues until Halloween
Our kick off day is just the beginning! From September 22nd until Halloween
, there are still lots of ways to enjoy Scarecrow Fest:
- DIY Build-a-Crow Station* – Bring the kids, bring the friends, and make your own scarecrow to decorate your home for Thanksgiving and Halloween! Last year, over 200 scarecrows were born at Arts Nursery! It's a fun family and group activity for a worthwhile cause. Your minimum donation of $12 helps to support three wonderful charities.
- What's included? Your donation provides you with a wooden frame, straw for stuffing, a burlap head, face making station, as well as our expert scarecrow building advice and all the tools and equipment you will need.
- What do I need to bring? Old clothes and decorating accessories (shirt, pants, hat, glasses, etc.) - anything to add personality to your crow!
- Scavenger Hunt – search the nursery for 50+ crazy, creative scarecrows sponsored by local businesses. You just might find characters from The Incredibles, Avengers, and many more. Come on down to find them all!
- Field trips – book your class or group for a Scarecrow Making party at Art’s Nursery. Proceeds support our three local charities. It’s a fun team building exercise for all ages! Email email@example.com to register.
- Plus, enjoy in-store specials, contests, colouring pages for the kids, and more!
Local Companies... Want to Sponsor a Scarecrow?
Don't miss out on this unique marketing opportunity! Promote your business and support 3 local charities at Art's Nursery's 4th Annual Scarecrow Festival!
Sponsor a scarecrow that will be displayed with your company name at Art's Nursery's Scarecrow Fest from September 22nd to October 31st. Our creative design team can build one for you or you can build your own. Customers will be able to search for your Crow on our popular Scarecrow Walk. Your business logo with a link to your website will be included on our Scarecrow Festival web page and a picture of your company scarecrow will be posted on social media and displayed at Art's Nursery to highlight your business.
We're already hard at work building our fun, creative, and wacky scarecrows... don't miss out! Two low-cost levels of sponsorship are available:
- You Sponsor, We Build! - Art's Nursery has creative expression to build a scarecrow to represent your business and supplies everything necessary.
- Build Your Own - Your company supplies the labour and clothing to build your own scarecrow and Art's supplies you with a frame, burlap, and hay for stuffing.
to sponsor a crow. It's a no brainer! ;)
Supporting Local Community Groups
Part proceeds from the Art's Nursery Scarecrow Event will go to support three awesome local organizations and charities:
OWL is dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation, and release of raptors (eagles, falcons, hawks, osprey, owls, and vultures). Their facility and staff are equipped for the unique needs of these beautiful birds, offering them the best chance of recovery.
Supporting over 1500 children with special or developmental needs, youth and adults with intellectual disabilities and Autism Spectrum Disorder as well as their families.
An amazing group of volunteers who travel to seniors facilities and palliative care units performing and brightening the days of the patients.
Kids Colouring Pages
Download and print these fun Scarecrow Festival Colouring Pages. Post the results online with the hashtag #artsnursery - we'd love to see them! Kudos to our friend and artist Rob Zylstra for his amazing artwork.
2018 Nursery Trade & Vendor Scarecrow Sponsors
Please take the time to support these wonderful organizations and businesses! Lots more to be posted soon!
2017 Community Sponsors
The following local businesses and community organizations have supported our Scarecrow Festival - please support them in return!